Studio Practice 1B – Proposal – Test Shoot 9

The aim of this task was to photograph silhouettes based in the Victorian era, this time female. I also used the studio, props and planning for this shoot.
I am happier with the photographs of the female Victorian than the male due to the context added through the props. I found the fascinators and blouse used added deeper context than the top hat with the male model. However i also think this is due to the shape of the props used also as using fascinators allowed for different shapes to be made unlike with the hat.  On the other hand however it was easier to photograph the male Victorian as it was easier to make them look immaculate like they did in the 1800’s as the female shots  have lots of lose strands of hair which are visible within the images and take away from the well groomed representation of the Victorians. Due to this i am going to have to look at post-processing these images.
Overall i still feel like i need to work more on my female Victorian representation further and make sure that the images represent my idea fully. These are the images i am going to look at post-processing.





Published by

Olivia Bates

My aim is to delve in to the alliance between fashion and people so I can explore the link between the subjects in order to communicate my image I have the ability to approach any difficult situation and solve any problems to find resolutions in order to work efficiently. I can manage situations, communicate honestly and have a trustworthy manner as I am expressive and take no nonsense which allows me to get the job done. Please contact me at; and visit my website;

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s