As a growing photographer i need start communicating with potential clients/market users in order to gain an understanding of the photography industry, specifically within my interested area; portraiture. I need define my area of work, explore the opportunists available and contact potential users in order to get where i need to be.
Subject and Genre of Proposal?
high fashion make-up portrait photography
The Issue/concept of proposal?
To advertise make-up to a range of ages in order to show that beauty is for everyone. I will portray this through a mythical/beautiful character of which the audience can relate to/with.
Potential interested parties and why?
– Makeup companies; to explore a new approach to their brand and advertise their work in order to create a larger audience/buyer.
– Stock image sites; used by magazines/companies for advertising campaigns, used once for specific briefs
Where the proposal will be seen/placed by potential parties?
– Company campaigns; to advertise/illustrate their product
photos in shops/billboards
– Magazine articles; for companies to describe/illustrate their new approach in order to connect with large audience
– Galleries; may publish series of images to explore the controversial social issues within beauty photography, expose the deeper meanings behind the images and to shine a new light on to why make-up is advertised and why the audience relate to it
– Photography agents
– Commercial Photographers
– Join Stock image websites
– Magazines publishers/photo editors
– Make-up Brands
– Exhibition organizers