Advanced Studio Practice 2B – Outcome 2 – External Opportunity and write up
Advanced Techniques & Process 2B -Outcome 2
PDP – Outcome 2
The last of the rehearsal shoots.
This was the best of the rehearsal shoots i photographed for the organisation;
this was due to understanding how to fully use my flash properly after the practice in class on 27/2/15
– i learnt how to balance flash correctly with the bounce card in order to reflect the light further and cover more space
– my settings were estimated more correctly – this is due to practising within different locations beforehand and also understanding how shutter speed controls ambient light and aperture controls the flash.
The people within the images are exposed well. This is an improvement from the past two shoots as they were underexposed or slightly bleached. Therefore only a selected few images from previous shoots were selected and then edited whereas with this shoot all images were usable however i selected the best composed images.
The organisation were happy with the images however I’m still awaiting feedback.
How is this opportunity related to my photography career?
– practice and experience of working to a deadline/brief for a client
– practice/experience of working in difficult lighting conditions
-practice/experience of capturing moving subjects with flash
– experience of using flash with different skin tones
– experience of photographing real people – shy/nervous
– experience of selecting and transferring images to client