Outcome – 1
The aim of this task was to continue photographing the charity shop props in a fashion portrait style which are appropriate to use to sell the products. I did this shoot by renting/hiring a studio for a full day session with another photographer. We both arranged model and make-up artists to collaborate with for the day.
I met the aims of this task. I manage to capture lots of different poses/uses/styles of the props using different models/clothing/beauty trends in order to compliment the props for advertising.
It was difficult to match the props with some clothing as the models brought a selection of outfits with them. Next time i will either bring the clothing myself or be more specific however i managed to capture a series of different styles with the props.
It was also difficult with the models themselves, as i paid for the studio hire i used models on a TFP basis, this meant cast calling for models upon social media, i had a range of experienced and un-experienced models who i discussed the proposal with and who wanted to take part however only a few of them turned up on the day. Next time i arrange a studio day shooting i will be more prepared and discuss and arrange details with models further in advance.
I used a soft box on the background with low light power to create a soft grey so that they do not look as ‘catalogue’ style like in test shoot 2/3. I also had a soft box and beauty dish lighting my models. I am happy with my lighting affects however i feel i rushed directing and positioning the lighting throughout the shoots. I shifted a few lights around however i didn’t light each shoot separately. This is what i would progress do to next time.