Photographing Dance Show on 31/01/15
I was contacted by a local dance school teacher to work collaboratively and take photographs of her 15th anniversary dance show.
After meeting and discussing the roles we can both play it was decided that i would photograph the dancers within their costumes back stage as the main photography aspects and then photograph certain dances upon the floor. As well as this we arranged a selling option of images where be both make a percentage.
I wrote up a contract between me and the client stating what will happen on the day and the percentage we will both take. As well as this I wrote up a price list for both prints and digital images to sell and a model release form/contract for parents of the dancers to sign or the dancers themselves and finally an order form for the buyers to fill out.
It was agreed that I would take the images and bring them back to the client for her to push sales of. Then once release forms had been signed and order forms filled I would collect the forms and get the stuff printed or put on disks. Once established with parents are happy for us both to use the images i will them give the client the files to use for websites and social media.
I am currently waiting for the forms back to finish off the job.
Overall I have learnt a lot from this job. This is the second event that I have photographed. I attended the event prepared for the day. I had several memory cards with me for protection of usage in case any failed or got full. However I ended up using one per act. I also took my laptop and hard drive along to copy images over once shot in between breaks to keep images save. This was helpful as it kept the files save and also saved a job later on within time aspects. As well as this I took 3 cameras along. I have been having trouble with my kit therefore I borrowed a Cannon 650D from stores at uni along with 2 speed lights. I took these along as well as a camera I have borrowed from a friend which works in correspondence with my own lenses and flash gun and I also took my old kit which is slightly faulty just in case. Finally I also had a light stand and pop up soft box with me. They provided a white sheet against a wall to shoot against.
Been prepared gave me confidence. I had everything set up to go and I only used the cannon kit and two speed lights. Unfortunately the sheet provided was white, creased and see-through. Therefore I shot in raw in case I needed to up the exposer or edit out the marks.
There was 32 children of different ages to photograph and all within quick time scales due to outfit changes. I positioned them for single portraits and group portraits. I am happy with the work and hope that it sells and brings me more opportunities along the line.
Due to not yet having permission to publish images I cannot post them up therefore you will find a copy on a contact sheet within outcome 3. Also copies of contracts and documents formed in outcomes 2/3 of folder.