The aim of this shoot was to develop the creative ideas from test shoot 3 in to finalised images for my project. Collaborating with make-up artists and everyday people as models. I provided the make-up artist with a strict structure (make-up looks, hair styles, background colours) which I am shooting specifically.
From this shoot I have learnt how to adapt to difficult situations, act professionally and how I want my photographs to look. The make-up artist I was due to collaborate with did not show up on the day without any correspondence or cancellation (giving me no time to cancel/re-arrange with my models), this made it difficult for me to try re-create all the looks I wanted to as the make-up would not be of the highest standard and I also didn’t have all the specified kit needed, however I attempted to create the looks to the best of my ability with the make-up products I had on hand (this meant the people which were modelling for me still got to take part in my project). This experience has taught me not to rely on people. From this I decided I would go and buy products I needed in order to create the looks in case it were to happen in the future.
In regards to how I want my photographs to look, self-application of the make-up to the subjects influenced this, applying the make-up myself (controlling the radius, contrast and impact) made me realise how important these features are and how I want them to stand out in order to convey the message. As well as the make-up I have discovered how the use of various colours adds to my narrative and the overall display of the images in regards to typologies.
The next step within my project is to continue photographing to the strict structure (make-up trends, hair style, colour backgrounds) through continued collaborations with make-up artists and people.